PEEK thermal insulator Melt?!

creativecode()

Posted · PEEK thermal insulator Melt?!

Peek has a melting point of over 340C, I don't think the current heater could even reach that. At which temperature do you print?

I do have a tiny bit of oozing of PLA out of between the heater and the peek, but nothing like you see in your photos. So it's not normal I think.

Hi,

hmm i print at 200 - 230. Perhaps it was a software failure or something like that and the temperature goes over 340 °C?!

The problem is that the hole head (Alluminium block with nozzle and the brass pipe) doesn't hold on the PEEK insulator and so it fall of.

Hmm i try to fit it with some PFTE tape, but i think i need an new PEEL insulator.

230C shouldn't be a problem, I've printed at 250C, at which point the PLA starts to get a bit smelly.

You should contact Ultimaker for a new Peek part. But you better find out what's wrong with your machine before you replace it. Maybe you just have bad peek which melts at a lower temperature. Or your temperature sensor is not working correctly (but not going wild, as the machine will abort if it sees temperature over 275C or below 5C)