PEEK thermal insulator Melt?!

creativecode()

Posted · PEEK thermal insulator Melt?!

Peek has a melting point of over 340C, I don't think the current heater could even reach that. At which temperature do you print?

I do have a tiny bit of oozing of PLA out of between the heater and the peek, but nothing like you see in your photos. So it's not normal I think.

Hi,

hmm i print at 200 - 230. Perhaps it was a software failure or something like that and the temperature goes over 340 °C?!

The problem is that the hole head (Alluminium block with nozzle and the brass pipe) doesn't hold on the PEEK insulator and so it fall of.

Hmm i try to fit it with some PFTE tape, but i think i need an new PEEL insulator.

230C shouldn't be a problem, I've printed at 250C, at which point the PLA starts to get a bit smelly.

You should contact Ultimaker for a new Peek part. But you better find out what's wrong with your machine before you replace it. Maybe you just have bad peek which melts at a lower temperature. Or your temperature sensor is not working correctly (but not going wild, as the machine will abort if it sees temperature over 275C or below 5C)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies