Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
cgfighter

Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2

I noticed when I upgraded Cura today that anytime I tried to any the monoprice mini select, it would crash immediately. After digging around it looks like the problem is in the malyan_m200.def.json file. It is used for providing definiations for the MP mini select. To fix the problem edit \Ultimaker Cura 3.2\resources\definitions\malyan_m200.def.json

About 2/3rds of the way down there is a line

"material_diameter": { "value": 1.75 },

Change it to

"material_diameter": { "default_value": 1.75 },

save and all should be good. Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, i_rupar said:

I noticed when I upgraded Cura today that anytime I tried to any the monoprice mini select, it would crash immediately. After digging around it looks like the problem is in the malyan_m200.def.json file. It is used for providing definiations for the MP mini select. To fix the problem edit \Ultimaker Cura 3.2\resources\definitions\malyan_m200.def.json

About 2/3rds of the way down there is a line

"material_diameter": { "value": 1.75 },

Change it to

"material_diameter": { "default_value": 1.75 },

save and all should be good. Hope this helps

That was the trick, thanks!

On 2/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, cgfighter said:

I installed cura 3.2 twice and every time I try to select my printer "monoprice select mini v2"  it opens for a sec then closes the program. Any idea what could be happening? I am using windows 10 with the most recent updates if that helps

I get exactly the same behavior and I have the same printer. Also running fully updated Windows 10 64-bit.