Jump to content

Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2


cgfighter

Recommended Posts

Posted · Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2

I installed cura 3.2 twice and every time I try to select my printer "monoprice select mini v2"  it opens for a sec then closes the program. Any idea what could be happening? I am using windows 10 with the most recent updates if that helps

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2

    I noticed when I upgraded Cura today that anytime I tried to any the monoprice mini select, it would crash immediately. After digging around it looks like the problem is in the malyan_m200.def.json file. It is used for providing definiations for the MP mini select. To fix the problem edit \Ultimaker Cura 3.2\resources\definitions\malyan_m200.def.json

     

    About 2/3rds of the way down there is a line

     

    "material_diameter": { "value": 1.75 },

    Change it to

     

    "material_diameter": { "default_value": 1.75 },

     

    save and all should be good. Hope this helps

    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2
    8 minutes ago, i_rupar said:

    I noticed when I upgraded Cura today that anytime I tried to any the monoprice mini select, it would crash immediately. After digging around it looks like the problem is in the malyan_m200.def.json file. It is used for providing definiations for the MP mini select. To fix the problem edit \Ultimaker Cura 3.2\resources\definitions\malyan_m200.def.json

     

    About 2/3rds of the way down there is a line

     

    "material_diameter": { "value": 1.75 },

    Change it to

     

    "material_diameter": { "default_value": 1.75 },

     

    save and all should be good. Hope this helps

    That was the trick, thanks!

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2

    It did thank you very much! I would have never figured that out on my own. If the moderators want to they can go right ahead do that.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2
    On 2/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, cgfighter said:

    I installed cura 3.2 twice and every time I try to select my printer "monoprice select mini v2"  it opens for a sec then closes the program. Any idea what could be happening? I am using windows 10 with the most recent updates if that helps

    I get exactly the same behavior and I have the same printer. Also running fully updated Windows 10 64-bit.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted (edited) · Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2

    What should I be using to edit the file. I tried note pad, but could not save it as a JSON file.

    It's also saying I do not have access to the file, add access from administrator. Anyone know how to get by this issue? 

     

    Thanks for the help. 

    Edited by GOONfpv
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2

    I used Word Pad to do the editing. If you open Word Pad as Administrator, you should be good. You should be able to right-click on the Word Pad exe file and select Run as Administrator from the menu that pops up.

    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Issue with cura 3.2 and monoprice select mini v2
    On 2/7/2018 at 6:04 PM, Ldonyo said:

    I get exactly the same behavior and I have the same printer. Also running fully updated Windows 10 64-bit.

    That edit worked for me, as well.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

        This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features
         
        Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
          • Like
        • 0 replies
      • Ultimaker Cura 5.6 stable released
        Cura now supports Method series printers!
         
        A year after the merger of Ultimaker and MakerBotQQ, we have unlocked the ability for users of our Method series printers to slice files using UltiMaker Cura. As of this release, users can find profiles for our Method and Method XL printers, as well as material profiles for ABS-R, ABS-CF, and RapidRinse. Meaning it’s now possible to use either Cura or the existing cloud-slicing software CloudPrint when printing with these printers or materials
        • 48 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...