Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
rw3iss

Cura keeps printing to wrong extruder

Hello,

I'm having an issue where my printer (BIBO2) keeps using extruder 1, even though I specify extruder 2 within Cura. I'm attaching screenshots to show where I set this. Am I missing anything?

Could it be that the printer won't use extruder 2 only if extruder 1 is being used? I'm basically just trying to test extruder 2 by itself here.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 16.02.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 16.03.08.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 16.03.25.png

@rw3iss

In my own experience I noticed that sometimes Cura will allow the skirt to be printed in material 1 before switching to material 2 to print the object. I suggest switching the model to layer view and checking to see what layers are actually being printed from extruder 1 and extruder 2.

In my case I always stopped the printer when I saw the skirt/brim being printed in the non-desired material thus it took a few hours to realize what was happening.

In Addition, it is possible to right click the Extruder 1 in the right side toolbar and disable it, same goes for extruder 2.

Hope this helps!  

Current Release: Cura 3.3.1

Edited by Preston3