Outpost31d

Support blocker issue

Posted · Support blocker issue

Can't seem to get the support blocker to work.  When I click it and try to place on my model my model blanks out?

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Hmm, works just fine for me.

Can you save the file as a project? That way I also get your printer configuration and settings.

Sorry, I still cannot reproduce this. Does it happen with just this model, or with any model you try?

I have the problem described above on Ubintu (17.10 and 18.04) using the AppImage. On Windows 10 it works fine for me.

The only thing I can think of would be that the depth picking is not working (which could be a GPU/driver issue), and the support blocker gets placed very far away from the model. A patch was just merged that at least does not block slicing when this happens, but it will not fix the placement of the Support Blocker meshes. Can you save a project when Cura is in the "Unable to slice" state, so I can check this theory?

Hello.

I had similar problem.

My laptop has integrated Intel GPU and NVidia GPU. I forced driver to use NVidia GPU for Cura and now support blocker works well.

I had the same thing happen to me. Using Linux Mint 17.3.

I did have one case were I did have the blocker appear but it was way way off in the distance and I had to bring it back. I still don't think it was working correctly however. When I retried I have not yet been able to duplicate it.