Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
danilo

Still can't Get Cura to make a Decent Slice..

Recent efforts to help me get a Large 137mb Radial Engine Model file helped  In the least identified the basic problem.. And I ' m grateful for the help.

Plodding along in my own fashion .. I 've gotten the complete Engine Drawing as a Mesh File 

2 different ones actually.. One via  Meshmixer  another from a New site: https://makeprintable.com

The Meshmix one is a wee bit Klunky  /imprecise, the  Makeprintable one is  noticeably  better, not perfect / Ideal .. But Good 'nuff for my purposes. 

3 test prints later and the cylinders, only a few of them, seem to have aquired a case of Warts... Odd and ugly

Looking into the cause.. it appears that the Problem surfaces when using layer view studying Curas' 'slice'.. in which  4  or more of the Cylinders (there are 9)   look like Cauliflowers .

Zooming in on the  Slice with Layer view clearly shows that the thing is messed .. Why? this time.

How to Fix this  ??  and incidentally why?? those cyls  Which seem to follow the pattern/location rather than the model..as Rotating the engine  leaves the distortions in roughly the same place .

Dunno  as I'm just guessing though. Is there a setting or fix to this?

Attaching my Mesh file as reference  It's a Big Un though

Fixed-2.stl