New Cura user

jeff-janes

Posted · New Cura user

HI I am using the Cura vor the MAC 13.06.5 and I was wondering about the plugins and can't figureout how to use them or even install them I believe the instruction ar all for Windows due to the fact I do not see the same wondows or dropdowns they describe is tha somethat is in teh works for MAC

thanks for your time

Posted · New Cura user

On a Mac, you can put plugins into a subdirectory of your home directory at ~/.cura/plugins

Directories starting with '.' are hidden in the finder, so you'll need to use the Terminal to create the folder if it doesn't exist, and copy the plugins there.

However, Cura in currently in transition at the moment from the old SkeinForge-based version, to the new version with the custom 'SteamEngine' slicer. Because of this, it's possible that plugins might not work properly/at all at the moment. At the very least, some of them need to be updated to take into account that non-printing moves are now done with a 'G0' gcode, rather than a 'G1' gcode.

Posted · New Cura user

No, once you create that .cura/plugins directory in your home directory, and put some plugins in it, then they will show up in Cura.

You can download Cura 13.04 from http://software.ultimaker.com/?show=all

That is the last version with the old Engine and should be more plugin-friendly.

Which particular plugins are you wanting to use?