Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Tmirante

extension modification from 3.2 to 3.4

good morning. 

i did an important extension for my prusa i3 printer in cura to have a complete set of commands to tune bed level. after upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3 and 3.4 the extension not works. i was able to identify the changings causing the error. 

def _getPrinterOutputDevices(self) -> List[PrinterOutputDevice]:
    return [printer_output_device for printer_output_device in Application.getInstance().getOutputDeviceManager().getOutputDevices() if isinstance(printer_output_device, PrinterOutputDevice)]

in def on old 3.2 cura there was not the  -> List[PrinterOutputDevice]. if i insert it the extension is not loaded at all , if i delete  the extension is loaded. 

what is the meaning ? is it required about you? 

I have too much going on to go hunt for your code in other topics, sorry.

Please have a look at cura.log in your configuration folder. It will tell you if there's a (Pyhton-)error in your code. The file is probably fairly large. You can delete it and Cura will create a new one. Then start Cura and the log will tell you what is going wrong.

Specifically the bit "   -> List[PrinterOutputDevice]  " is called "type hinting"; it tells Python what sort of data to expect. It is optional (but recommended). It could be that Python is having an issue understanding what "PrinterOutputDevice" is; are you importing it?

from cura.PrinterOutputDevice import PrinterOutputDevice

yes of course is standard in pluging import statements i have 

from cura.PrinterOutputDevice import PrinterOutputDevice

the log says that

2018-08-02 12:44:57,266 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Qt.Bindings.PluginsModel._update [61]: BedlevelPlugin is missing a plugin metadata entry

2018-08-02 12:44:57,347 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [301]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 3.4/resources/qml/Topbar.qml:19: TypeError: Cannot read property 'stageId' of null

2018-08-02 12:44:57,348 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [301]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 3.4/resources/qml/Topbar.qml:104: TypeError: Cannot read property 'stageId' of null

2018-08-02 12:44:57,349 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [301]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 3.4/resources/qml/Topbar.qml:175: TypeError: Cannot read property 'stageId' of null

2018-08-02 12:44:57,350 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [301]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 3.4/resources/qml/Cura.qml:433: TypeError: Cannot read property 'mainComponent' of null

2018-08-02 12:44:57,352 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [301]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 3.4/resources/qml/Cura.qml:427: TypeError: Cannot read property 'mainComponent' of null

2018-08-02 12:44:57,353 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [301]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 3.4/resources/qml/Cura.qml:465: TypeError: Cannot read property 'sidebarComponent' of null

2018-08-02 12:44:57,354 - WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [301]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 3.4/resources/qml/Cura.qml:497: TypeError: Cannot read property 'sidebarComponent' of null

this error disappear if i eliminate -> List[PrinterOutputDevice]: