Regular Fan Speed at Height/Layer with/without raft different behavior

Adam324

Posted (edited) · Regular Fan Speed at Height/Layer with/without raft different behavior

I never adjusted the values for it and I notice that by default Regular Fan Speed at Height is set to 0mm which seems to set the Regular Fan Speed at Layer to 1.  If I look at the gcode generated without a raft, I see that the fan is turned on at layer 1 (not on layer 0, the initial layer).  This works well for my prints without a raft.

When I enable a raft, I see in the gcode that layers -6 through -1 are the raft layers and at layer 0 (initial layer), I see that the fan comes on at full.  It appears that by enabling the raft, the Regular Fan Speed at Height/Layer is ignored or at least it comes on at the first layer of the object (layer 0).  How do I get Cura to not turn on the fan at layer 1 instead of layer 0 when using a raft?  Why is there a difference in behavior?  Does 'Regular Fan Speed at Height/Layer' consider the raft height in it's calculation.  I have the default settings of the Raft Fan Speed still set to 0.

The reason I bring this up is that I noticed that with my improved fan setup that I modified on the Duplicator 9, The first layer of the object seems to be cooling too fast causing it to slide along the top surface of the raft instead of adhering to it.  I need to reduce cooling on the first layer of the object on top of the raft.  I tested it manually by turning off the fan on the first layer right as it was turned on, and the first layer turned out perfect on top of the raft.  I then turned the fan back on manually after the first layer (layer 0).

I am using Cura 3.4.1

Edited by Adam324
give a reason for discovering this and give cura version, a not where it shouldn't have been