Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura ignoring certain settings when slicing?

Rad

Posted · Cura ignoring certain settings when slicing?

Hi,

I've come back to 3D printing after a break of a few years and I've started using Cura 3.4.1. I'm having a problem whereby it seems the slicer is ignoring certain settings I choose. The ones I noticed were secifically: Top/Bottom Line Direction and Bottom Layers. Regardless what I set them to, Cura seems to just use the defaults. Check out the attached pictures. Am I misunderstanding some feature of the interface?

BottomDirection1.thumb.jpg.2591fcbd20f19a615ddab23fd3e12e00.jpgBottomDirection2.thumb.jpg.34830ef4aa2e1eeab3f3eacbb29e0b0c.jpgBottomDirection3.thumb.jpg.e512a340a74387e6fb1830af5e3c11bb.jpgBottomLayers2.thumb.jpg.a8b80f7ba82743dfa1d9bfa6a92afbfd.jpgBottomLayers13.thumb.jpg.c0ba57fa85e29f84aebd8f274fbc49be.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Yeah - it's every model. I've just upgraded to 3.4.1 and on my previous version - 2.7 - it also worked fine. I've noticed other settings don't work either: Infill Density, Infill Pattern, Wall Thickness, Wall Line Count. The list of settings that work is shorter than those that don't. Changing profiles doesn't help. Even when I switch to recommended settings, I can't change infill density, only layer height and build plate adhesion. I re-installed Cura and it hasn't helped.

I've also deleted all the settings from \Users\...\AppData\. Now at least I can control the infill amount from the "Recommended" tab, but everything else is still broken.

My Cura 3.6.1 is doing this also just not triggering a "re-slice". If you change another value e.g tick on Generate support and then off the re-slice occurs with the other values.

I'm having the same issue where  Infill settings not changing / ignored by Cura 4.6.1

Right Ear with edge.stl