Rad

Cura ignoring certain settings when slicing?

Posted · Cura ignoring certain settings when slicing?

Hi,

I've come back to 3D printing after a break of a few years and I've started using Cura 3.4.1. I'm having a problem whereby it seems the slicer is ignoring certain settings I choose. The ones I noticed were secifically: Top/Bottom Line Direction and Bottom Layers. Regardless what I set them to, Cura seems to just use the defaults. Check out the attached pictures. Am I misunderstanding some feature of the interface?

BottomDirection1.thumb.jpg.2591fcbd20f19a615ddab23fd3e12e00.jpgBottomDirection2.thumb.jpg.34830ef4aa2e1eeab3f3eacbb29e0b0c.jpgBottomDirection3.thumb.jpg.e512a340a74387e6fb1830af5e3c11bb.jpgBottomLayers2.thumb.jpg.a8b80f7ba82743dfa1d9bfa6a92afbfd.jpgBottomLayers13.thumb.jpg.c0ba57fa85e29f84aebd8f274fbc49be.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Hm, weird. I tried it with an older version of Cura (3.4.x internal beta) and it works for me.

Did you try it with another model too?

90.png

45.png

Yeah - it's every model. I've just upgraded to 3.4.1 and on my previous version - 2.7 - it also worked fine. I've noticed other settings don't work either: Infill Density, Infill Pattern, Wall Thickness, Wall Line Count. The list of settings that work is shorter than those that don't. Changing profiles doesn't help. Even when I switch to recommended settings, I can't change infill density, only layer height and build plate adhesion. I re-installed Cura and it hasn't helped.

I've also deleted all the settings from \Users\...\AppData\. Now at least I can control the infill amount from the "Recommended" tab, but everything else is still broken.

Not sure what's going on but it sounds like an issue with your Windows installation. Take a look at the "cura.log" file. Maybe there are some clues about it.

My Cura 3.6.1 is doing this also just not triggering a "re-slice". If you change another value e.g tick on Generate support and then off the re-slice occurs with the other values.