Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Chewingo

Problem with cura 3.5.0

This is one example of a .stl file that will not load.

The xyz-Cube: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1278865

First i open Cura. Then i click the file open icon. Go to the file.

Click the File. Click Open .. Crash.

I load the .stl, .obj, .gcode files. No one will load on this way.

If i load it direct from thingverse with Firefox, without storing the file.

It loads the model.

My System:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (4008 MHz)
Speicher: 32707 MB
Betriebssystemversion: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134)
Grafikkartenhersteller: NVIDIA Corporation
Grafikkarte: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2

Windows-Grafiktreiberversion: 25.21.14.1616
OpenGL-Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 416.16

cura.log

• Like 1

@Jan_Hirt Thank you. While the file you send to me does load for me (also Win10x64), the comment you made about 'loading directly from the internet' made me think that this (and perhaps the others' as well) might be related to an issue that we're seeing where .stl files loaded from USB or other sorts of external-type disks cause problems. (Since 'loading from Firefox' and the like will almost always store the file in a local temporary folder.)

Is this the case? If so, we hope to get the fix in for 3.5.1. Also, in that case, a workaround would be to store the .stl on a non-external disk. Please let us know if this 'fixes' the issue!

• Like 1

I had the same issue on MacOS 10.13.6. I've upgraded through successive versions since about 3.3 or so. I installed the Prusa profiles several versions ago and had no issues through several intervening upgrades. After installing 3.5.0, it would crash either after loading an STL or when attempting to slice. I uninstalled (deleted) the Cura app and support directory (~/Library/Application Support/cura) and reinstalled. I repeated the Prusa profile install. So far, it seems stable although I have lost all of my tweaked configurations.