TypQxQ

Cura 3.5 Thin Wall prints as ZigZag Top/Bottom

Posted · Cura 3.5 Thin Wall prints as ZigZag Top/Bottom

I have a part that is 1.2mm thin. It should print as 3 lines as in Cura 3.4.1.

In Cura 3.5 it print's as ZigZag. This makes lots of vibrations on the part.

Tried to change the Minimum Wall Flow 0-20% without effect.

Tried with 0 and 100 infill without effect.

In the image the desired result is on the left.

Cura ThinWall.jpg

That wall is being printed as an outer wall and a skin. There's no inner wall in either case (it would be green not yellow).  So Cura must think that the gap is too narrow to fit a wall into. Try reducing the line width slightly and it may then fit the inner wall in and with overlap compensation enabled and the min wall flow hack enabled, it should print as a single inner wall (green) surrounded by an outer wall (red).

Hi,

I'm also having this issue with Cura 3.5.0 and 3.5.1. This happens with walls with width of 1.2mm and 2.0mm. I made a series of cubes, ranging from 0.8mm to 2.3mm and sliced them with 3.4.1 and 3.5.1. These are the results:

cura_issue351.thumb.jpg.4f9588d4df27b324735963e662ea1090.jpgcura_issue341.thumb.jpg.280e2f7c076793516c07deff24b39a55.jpg

I saw that, if I change the Top/Bottom Pattern to something different from Zig Zag, 3.5.1 behaves like 3.4.1.

I'm attaching my stl test file to help you to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards!

wall_test2.stl

10 hours ago, purson said:

I saw that, if I change the Top/Bottom Pattern to something different from Zig Zag, 3.5.1 behaves like 3.4.1.

Actually, the issue also happens with the line pattern. It "fixes" the issue only if I choose the concentric pattern. It seems that, for these particular widths (1.2 and 2.0mm), it keeps the Top/Bottom pattern through all layers instead of using the wall and infill settings.

I'm running into this same issue - most of the walls slice as expected with 3 lines, but every few layers the central portion is sliced as a skin for some reason. The profile is perfectly straight in Z, so it seems to be arbitrary.

@purson thanks for updating with a workaround - selecting top and bottom "concentric" results in a proper slice, given that my part is made entirely of 3-line walls. I'll update with how it goes when I try to do the version of the part that actually has some meat on it in places (though I suppose concentric might be just fine for this particular part, anyway)