Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
BristolFD

Cura 3.5 only prints adhesion and support not the model

Hello all. I upgraded to the latest Cura version and I reset the profiles to the defaults.  After a previous update, I was getting an error about the profile settings so I just let it reset.  Now I can't figure out what is wrong.

For every model I print, only the brim or skirt prints, then only the support structure.  The actual model doesn't print.  I've tried several models.

It's not a clog as the adhesions print fine.  The purge works fine.  If I print an old model that is saved on the SD Card, it works perfectly.

Every new slice that I make will only print the extra items, not the actual model.  I can't figure out what I'm missing.

These two models will not print.  I sliced each one several times.  The fox I tried to print at least 5 times with different settings.  The "X" I tried to print 3 times.  In every case, the Brim and the Skirt printed correctly.  The support structure printed correctly.  There is no model being printed at all.

TT_X.gcode

TT_fox.gcode

On the same SD card are prints that I ran before I upgraded Cura.  I ran those prints and they all worked perfectly and very nicely.

TT_DUNCECAP.gcode  <-- This is actually two models in the same print

TT_Dice_Box_Top_Tree.gcode

TT_Dice_Box_Top_Tree.gcode

TT_DUNCECAP.gcode

TT_fox.gcode

TT_X.gcode

Edited by BristolFD

Thank you for checking the model, but did you try to run the print?  None of the new models I slice with print, only old projects that I've saved will print.  When it comes to printing the model, the extrusion gear doesn't even move to advance the filament, yet it will print the skirt, change filament, and even purge filament just fine.  When I resume the print, the model will not print, only the support structure. 

I'm stumped.  I cannot figure out why the extrusion stops when it's time to print the model.  The printer goes through the motions and traces the model path.