Cura 3.6 (also 3.5.1) crash during “Add new printer”

vfrdirk

Posted · Cura 3.6 (also 3.5.1) crash during “Add new printer”

I am attempting to use one of the new built-in printer profiles in Cura for my MP Mini Delta. It wasn't in the list previously but seems to have been added around 3.5 or so. When I go to add  it from the list of Other printers. Cura packs up and crashes to desktop. (Win 10) I didn't test this under 3.5.0, but it happened in 3.5.1 and 3.6. My manually created profile is working, but I was hoping to test out the provided profile.

Any tips or tests I can try? Thanks,

Dirk

Thanks. I'm attaching the Cura and Stderr logs which seem to be most relevant. In both logs, the following error is caught:

2018-11-19 08:18:15,653 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [65]: An uncaught error has occurred!
    2018-11-19 08:18:15,655 - CRITICAL - [MainThread] cura.CrashHandler.__init__ [68]: TypeError: unable to convert a Python 'str' object to a C++ 'double' instance

Please advise if these aren't the right logfiles. I just tested adding my Ender-3 from the list and that was uneventful.

cura.log

stderr.log

As far as I can see, the monoprice_mini_delta isn't a built in definition.  I've also not been able to find it in our commit history, so as far as I can see, it never was bundled in Cura.

OK. Thanks for checking that. I installed Cura 3.6 on my Macbook and, sure enough, it's not there. I'm unclear on what I actually did to get it to appear in the list, but at least I know the problem is on my end. Sorry for the confusion.