No Retraction with 2nd use extruder on first layer

ecsuka

Posted · No Retraction with 2nd use extruder on first layer

I am having an issue with my Ultimaker 3 whereby whichever extruder is activated 2nd does not retract on the first layer and makes lines all over. In the example below I used Cura 3.6.0 and mostly default settings. The Pink (Extruder #2) activates first to draw the skirt and then does all the pink letters and hearts while retracting properly. Then the Black activates and after making the prime blob, drags a line to the skirt. [I have found: WHICHEVER EXTRUDER ACTIVATES SECOND, DRAGS THIS LINE...SOMETIMES DRAGGING THE PRIME BLOB WITH IT AND RUINING THE PRINT] . Then as the black material moves from one spot to the next, it drags an ugly black line across the pink. How do I stop this from happening? I have tried turning Combing Mode to 'Not in Skin' and to 'Within Infill' and the problem persists. I have not tried turning Combing Mode off yet because it would add extend the print job from 6 hours to 8 hours. Any other suggestions? 

Default.thumb.JPG.75aed4789de8038ee4669657c253b722.JPG