Change filament per object

Carlos4072

Posted · Change filament per object

I want print a mesh with many colors in the same layers. I can separate as many sub meshes. Is there any way for print a submesh, and when the submesh finish, wait until filament change, click and go print the next submesh ??  I did it manually but slicing one color per one color, but the nozzle hit some times with the printed mesh, for example the necklace have 3 pendants in the model, but just one in the printed version. 

2018-12-17 23_01_15-Window.jpg

IMG_4594.JPG

Posted · Change filament per object

As far as I know, there is no possibility, except manual editing the gcode, to pause the print in the kind you need it. There is a plugin to pause at a specific layer, but you would need it in the same layer.

You can just go through the gcode and add the pause manually where you need it, but I am not the gcode expert and don't know the command or sequence you need for that. 

Posted (edited) · Change filament per object

Thanks for the reply Smithy. Yes, i know in the layer pause, but this method is not the best for this scenario. I looking exactly the same way for pause when finish each object, not layer. I know that i need modify code, but like you i don't know wich code i need to write and where. 

Edited by Carlos4072