schafe

Make Cura help us be successful

Posted · Make Cura help us be successful

Great news!!  Once the holiday season is over I will once again become dormant and will stop asking for impossible features and giving suggestions no one wants.  Until then . . .

I have been having a lot of problems getting good results recently which results in me trying to figure out what I have done wrong.  With that in mind here are a few ideas for everyone to blow off.

#1  I found what I think is an example of where Cura let me make a setting it really should not have.  Using a .4mm nozzle why am I allowed to set the "Skin Overlap" at .4mm?  If I understand this function correctly, Cura is going to place the last/outside ring exactly over the previous one.  Yes, I see the fx in the circle.  If this is as big of a problem as I think it is, I need a glaring "you are an idiot" alarm.  Changing this value to the recommended one may have eliminated a problem I was frequently having, or it could have been something else entirely - excess lunar gravity.  On the same subject, this setting is called "Skin Overlap."  Further down in settings we have "Outer Wall Speed."  Aren't outer wall and skin the same thing?

#2  I have a history of asking for impossible features.  When I first received my UM2 I asked for a rewind feature so that if a print fails at hour 15 due to a clogged nozzle, etc. you could rewind the program and save the print.  At that time I was told no.  Maybe the programming Gods can figure this one out today, possibly with a PC connected during the print.

#3 How about pictures to accompany the pop up description of each setting.  I heard once that one picture saves a lot of words.

#4 I always change the default retract length from 4.5mm to 6.5mm using the printer's control screen.  The description by the setting is very confusing about what I need to do to make that setting visible so I don't have to change it every time.

Thanks for your patience.

cura.png