Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
paul_buzzby

Seam where layer starts / stops

Hi Everyone,

On both of my printers I get this seam on the outer layer where the layer starts/stops and I have no idea what setting is affecting this. I use the same start coordinates as otherwise i just get the "seam" all over the place. I thought it was outer wipe distance but in testing different values it makes no difference.

What settings can I play with to change this?

I am using the latest version of cura and printing on 2 different delta printers (Tevo LM and Kossel Mini)

Thanks

2019-02-01 15.35.33.jpg

2019-02-01 15.36.09.jpg

Edited by paul_buzzby

You will always have more less a visible z seam. But in your case, it is really heavy. You can try if it helps if you enable "Coasting" but I am not sure.

Coasting stops extruding just before the layer ends, that the rest will be printed with the remaining pressure in the nozzle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• Ultimaker Cura | a new interface
      We're not only trying to always make Ultimaker Cura better with the usual new features and improvements we build, but we're also trying to make it more pleasant to operate. The interface was the focus for the upcoming release, from which we would already like to present you the first glance. 
      • 130 replies
    • "Back To The Future" using Generative Design & Investment Casting
      Designing for light-weight parts is becoming more important, and I’m a firm believer in the need to produce lighter weight, less over-engineered parts for the future. This is for sustainability reasons because we need to be using less raw materials and, in things like transportation, it impacts the energy usage of the product during it’s service life.
      • 12 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!