First print keeps failing

falc

Posted · First print keeps failing

my print keeps failing :(

the x axis sometimes seems to block, once it has done that the axis cant move at all until a complete system reset.

it seems that once the x limit switch on the front left is hit, the axis is stuck

if i can get past that, it prints 1 line but then the z axis moves up like 2 mm in 1 step and the material doesnt stick on the bed

Maybe the driver is overheating instead of blocking. If the motor driver overheats it shuts itself off until cooled down.

Try to move the printer head around with the direct control window. Just move it around a few large squares of 10x10cm. If that works, move it into the endstops and see if keeps working. Just to diagnose for sure what the problem is.

As for the Z axis, it could be a bad solder/jumper problem that we've seen before. See this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=468

the z axis is fine.

the main problem seem to be the extrusion itself.

I can move the extrusion motor fine in the control panel and material comes out, but not during printing. the extrusion gear just wont move + the motor is pretty hot

Are you using RepG26 from Ultimaker? In those defaults there is an error and the "Dimension" plugin is disabled, this should be enabled or else it won't print at all.

it was disabled :O

warming up the extruder right now ;)

dint fix it :(

extruder gear just wont move :(

some material is coming out but not nearly enough

ok i got the leaking issue now

THE leaking issue? Is this where the head leaks a bit of PLA on the sides?

Is your extruder still not moving? Does the generated GCode contain "E" values? Did you install another firmware?

Yeah theres pla coming out of the sides

Ill check tomorow for the codes and im going straight to marlin

I only have E codes on the first layer.

i'll check back in this afternoon, little bit sick right now

Ok. If you are going to make the jump to Marlin anyhow. Then I recommend this:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/SkeinPyPy

(Use the Alpha4, the NewUI_Beta1 contains a bug)

It's a faster Skeinforge, preconfigured correctly for the Ultimaker with Marlin. It also contains PrintRun, which is a more stable replacement for ReplicatorG.

ok making some progress

turned out the distance betweeen the nozzle and the bed was stil a bit to high, first layer is sticking now

still having feeding problems thou. i am printing with a gcode mseeker provided me

finaly managed to print something that looks like the 0.5 mm thin walled cube.

extruder is clogging up, need to take it appart

my print keeps failing :(

the x axis sometimes seems to block, once it has done that the axis cant move at all until a complete system reset.

it seems that once the x limit switch on the front left is hit, the axis is stuck

For the record, I had the same problem and I found the cause in a comment in the Assembly Guide :

> there is a mistake on ENDSTOPS-BLUE bottom marking : Front right and Front left connectors marking position are switched

see

http://bit.ly/wANdUo

After I switched the cables the head started moving in the X axis again.

Alain

yeah found that out 2 days ago