garaha2012

"Larger build plate-UM2" with mark2upgrade

Posted · "Larger build plate-UM2" with mark2upgrade

Hi experts,

I am thinking of building a larger printer using the Jennyprinter 4x340 as mechanical base. Build size would be 340 x 220mm. 

I intend to use Ultimaker 2 electronics and also upgrade to mark2 dual extrusion.

My question is: Do I need a special version of the firmware or is it sufficient to adjust the size in Cura? 

Thanks

Gunther

Posted (edited) · "Larger build plate-UM2" with mark2upgrade

You also need to adjust the size in the printer, but in the "Tinker mark2" firmware you can just do this from the menu, so I don't think that should be a problem.

edit; and I assume you use UM2 electronics because you have it laying around already? otherwise it's probably smarter to look at a Duet3D board...

Edited by ultiarjan

I have my "UMO 2+" with mark2, which is beside the wooden frame an UM2.. 

And then I only have one interface. Can Duet be used with Tinker mark2 firmware??

No, you can't run Ultimaker firmware on a duet board, but you also don't want that. the duet firmware is really good and open for easy modification, you'll just have to setup a few macro's for the tool change g-code. probably others have done it already...

There's plenty benefits to use a duet over an Ultimaker board, to name a few, the machine will be network connected, and have newer stepper driver which make the machine much quieter.