Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
xeno

Acrylic Ultimaker

Well I thought it would be a great to make the Ultimaker with Acrylic parts,

I does look great, but there are some major drawbacks, like cracking parts, not fitting, and so on :roll:

I think the Version2 drawings were used, and I don't really know what consequences this will have for the build itself,

I think the wooden parts are made so you can force certain parts into each other, that is something that acrylic doesn't like,

and some parts just had a little more room to move, like the bearings for the rods, and the rods have play inside the housing.

making parts fit was more annoying then troublesome, and I got most it all together after 2 days

it will look great with some leds, but it does take longer to build 8-)

9397415.jpeg

I think the biggest problem with acrylic was that is easily cracks right?

But it looks bad-ass! Job wel done! Except... the bed is clear normally, and yours is white :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | People
      The goal of this contest is to design a set of people figurines that could be used in such a project to make an area, office or mall seem populated. 
      Think of different types of people in different environments, like walking people, people standing still, working people, and both men and women.

• 31 replies
    • Taking Advantage of DfAM
      This is a statement that’s often made about AM/3DP. I'll focus on the way DfAM can take advantage of some of the unique capabilities that AM and 3DP have to offer. I personally think that the use of AM/3DP for light-weighting is one of it’s most exciting possibilities and one that could play a key part in the sustainability of design and manufacturing in the future.
      • 3 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!