New PlugIn : Remaining time on LCD

JCD

Posted (edited) · New PlugIn : Remaining time on LCD

I Have an Anet A8, and the LCD is displaying while printing a percentage achieved.

It's  annoying as it's not accurate (based on the number of code lines left (including the comments)) and not directly interpretabled.

So I made a PostProcessing PlugIn which puts on the last line of the LCD the remaining time until the end of printing, at the start of the print and after each layer

It's based on the delay (in sec) calculated by Cura in the GCode.

There is a parameter you can modify to adjust the time to reality if your printer is slower or quicker than Cura think.

For me the parameter is 0.935 (100 sec is adjust to 93.5 sec, my printer is quicker)

You will see in the code a number of lines about Python's IDLE debugging environnement. It doesn't matter when used in Cura, but I shall explain in a following Topic the system I put in place to avoid the pain of debugging in Cura.

Also the script is in 2 files, the second one (scriptUtils.py) have the commun functions that maybe used in several plugIns.

Both files are to be put in the script folder (AppData/Roaming/Cura/4.0/Scripts for Windows7 Cura 4.0)

Below a picture of the startGcode modified by the script

653620318_RPT0script.thumb.gif.c0d089b1327705c38ee4582f6c0b6a56.gif

scripts.zip

Edited by JCD

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted · New PlugIn : Remaining time on LCD

Well, i'm not entirely sure what all the functions do in the scripts, since i never really used python, but as far as i see it only does what it should without some hidden stuff. i'll test it out, hopefully it works fine. many people are looking for something like this 😉

btw. there are some misswritings in the comments 😉 like cyra instead of cura and so on 😄 still pretty nice 🙂 

• 6 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    Posted (edited) · New PlugIn : Remaining time on LCD
    On 11/14/2019 at 8:40 PM, temporalriftofshit said:

Hey, quick question, does it work in cura 4.3? And so, where to put the files?

I tried putting them into:

Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.3\plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts

and in:

AppData/Roaming/Cura/4.3/Scripts

Without luck.

In cura 4.4  

Ultimaker Cura 4.4\plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts

Edited by ludkomerc