TPU Clogging

Travis7s

Posted · TPU Clogging

I've had real trouble with Ultimaker TPU clogging gradually on my UM3. Even with a brand new Printcore and bowden tube that has only seen TPU, I find that after a day or 2 I will get subtle underextrusion. You can't see it by eye but the parts are significantly weaker/squishier. Eventually the nozzle will clog enough that the filament jams back at the feeder A hot and cold pull will fix but only for a day or two. Any tips of preventing this?

Side note, I find it annoying that the printcore doesn't preheat when unloading TPU. Half the time its too stuck in the nozzle to break free and the filament grinds and you have to throw away a few feet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies