Cannot Run Cura 4.0 on XPS 13

formaldehyde

Posted · Cannot Run Cura 4.0 on XPS 13

Hey everyone. Recently, as a part of my move to a college laptop, I installed Cura, having used it flawlessly for years on my desktop, including version 4.0. However, I haven't even been able to open the program. I have tried pretty much everything (uninstalls, installing version 3.6, clearing out all files manually) including running DDU on my nvidia driver as recommended by a reddit user, given the possibility that having both an intel iGPU driver and an nvidia desktop GPU driver could pose (I am using a Razer Core V2 as a part of my computing solution). Does anyone have any idea how to go about fixing this? I REALLY don't want to lose all of my configuration files that I have created over the years, nor do I want to learn a new program. Thanks!

Just an FYI: I tried to find the log files and they don't seem to exist, it seems like the program isn't even getting far enough to generate a log.

Guest jerooney1
    Posted · Cannot Run Cura 4.0 on XPS 13

Hi F,

Don't worry, as long as you're still able to access your old desktop computer, you will be able to backup your profiles!

For your initial issue:
    - Have you tried running the software without the Razer Core V2, running on the internal GPU only?

- Could you share a DXDIAG report?
    - Have you checked both:

• Computer/users/[user_name]/AppData/Local/cura
      AND
    • Computer/users/[user_name]/AppData/Roaming/cura

If you would be able to find log files, that would really help the troubleshooting.

KR,

Jerooney