My Ultimaker sometimes go crazy fast

jensleander

Posted · My Ultimaker sometimes go crazy fast

Hi Guys

I have the problem that my beloved Ultimaker goes crazy fast. Even though I have first layer speed at around 20-30mm/s, it starts out at something which looks like 80-90mm/s.

Last time it did this i found out that it was because i had the minimum layer time set to 15s, changing this down to 7 or 10 fixed the problem.

But now it does it again, and i can not figure out which setting triggers it. And of course it makes it impossible to get the first layer down :(

I hope that someone have a clue :)

Thank you in advance.

/Jens

I think that's the 'travel speed'. The speed at which it moves when not extruding but moving from one place to the other. You can find this setting on the second tab (I think the default setting is 150 mm/sec). But for best print results you should not lower this value because traveling with a low speed alows more time for oozing.

There is a bug in the current Cura release which causes the first layers to be printed too fast in combination with the first layer speed. This usually happens with small objects.

There is a new test version on http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/%20which%20will%20most%20lkely%20fix%20it.