Cura 4.1 VERY slow to load

CrispyDragon

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.1 VERY slow to load

I just replaced my Cura 3.31 with v4.1 on Windows 7 Pro x64.

It now takes about 2 minutes to load at its' quickest to the taskbar first, and only THEN opening up after another 1 or 2 minutes.

It's a bit quicker if it's the 2nd or 3rd instance open, but not much.

It also removed all my previous settings despite asking them to be left, and removed the setting that opens it when clicking STL files.

I've redone the settings now so let's see if there is an improvement in printing. I hope so or I'm reverting to 3.31 which gave me no problems.

I do very much appreciate all the work you put in though 😉

Edited by CrispyDragon

Posted · Cura 4.1 VERY slow to load

I found the same as you. I also get incorrect print of size of the object I am trying to print. Actually looks like the object is divided into 4 parts, but only prints the top right quadrant on the printer bed.

It's slow (more than 10 minutes now and still waiting) every time in my case, Cura 4.1 on latest Windows 10 Insider Preview.

Also tried to start it from command line to at least see what program is doing, and command line shown no output. Is there a way to know what program is doing now?

During the 'waiting to load' time my AMD Phenom II X6 1055T cpu utilisation is 9% across 6 cores so it's not constrained by the CPU. The 12Gb RAM is ok at 3.4Gb used so there is no swapping, while the disk is a fast SSD that is is hardly touched after the initial load, and the Gb wired network is hardly used either.

So I'm not sure at this point what is making it pause so long.

Cura loading 1.JPG

I've gone back to v3.6 as v4.1 is inserting gaps between a flat surface and a wall that sits on it, and also failing to print other walls at all (It doesn't even seem to know they are supposed to be printed!).

I tried several times with v4.1 with exactly the same result each time.

I reinstalled v3.6, regenerated the gcode, and it worked 1st time.

I've had almost no failures since I originally set it up 2 to 3 years ago (I tune and clean it each time it is used), only having failures with v4.1.

I have Win7 Pro x64 (all updates), on an AMD Phenom x6 1055T, 12gb RAM, 500 SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2Gb (8Gb allocated), and a stock Creality CR-10 (with a clean Ikea mirror - no glue).

I only print using the SD card.

I'll wait for the next update to try v4 again.

thanks for the info, sad that they can release an update that is buggy, the testers must misunderstand the real life results. These problems are bad for the company and disrespectful to the customers using their products.

No problem.

It also printed small round buttons as ovals and made my son laugh, so not all bad 😉

I'm still very grateful to them for producing such a great piece of software to support not only their hardware, but also others. They are generally doing a fantastic job, and one that is appreciated.

I hope you have fixed your problems with v4.1

thanks. I have used a profile that was made for Cr-10 and that printed OK after I adjusted the settings for the Ender-3 printer