ElWiz

z-height issues 2 layers missing

Posted · z-height issues 2 layers missing

Hey, 

I use Cura 4.1.0 Beta on linux and I'm basically pretty happy with it, but for some reason sliced objects turn out with 0.4mm z-height. For example if I slice a 11mm tall object it slices 53 layers @0.2mm layer height.

I'm not sure what's the cause for that issue since all set top and bottom layers are printed.

Any help highly appreciated.

cheers ElWiz

Just tried Cura 4.1.0 stable and it's the same behavior 

does anyone have an idea why the sliced model results in 0.4mm less height @0.2 layers?

all top and bottom layers seem to be present according the preview

So i made a 11mm box and sure enough when i sliced it at 0.2 layer height it had 54 layer(which equates too 10.8 mm)

The only setting i could find that effected this is the slicing tolerance, exclusive gave 54 layers, inclusinve gave 56 layer, middle gives the correct layers at 55.