daj1u06

print core "glued" into printhead

Posted · print core "glued" into printhead

On a recent multi object run, I had bed adhesion fail and several of the objects stuck to the bottom of the print head preventing the extruded filament from exiting downwards. As a result the print core ended up encapsulated in PLA. I have managed to open the fan cover and remove the entire print head. The fans are OK and I have managed to recover/remove the other print core by careful use of a very fine tipped soldering iron on low heat to gradually melt and lift away the filament. However, the core which "spewed" is  "glued" down into the semicircular recess in the head that it sits down into and this is simply not accessible to get at. I have also managed to dislodge 2 of the print core wires so can't heat it either till I get it out and rebuild it. I am also unable to take off the nozzle carrier of the core to improve access to the affected area as the hex bolt on its underside is completely siezed. I've accepted that I'm probably going to have to destroy the core to get it out but I've no idea how to do this without damaging the head itself.

I can't get a decent view of the stuck area as is inaccessible!

How thermostable is the rest of the head plastic if I try a hot air gun?

Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance

P6100134.JPG