Temp errors on Ultimaker Original

arg3d

Posted · Temp errors on Ultimaker Original

I use an UMO, and I'm having some problems with the temperature. I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

When I turn on the printer I usually get the MINTEMP error, and this happens when the nozzle is cold (room temp is about 22C). If I touch the back of the TC Board (little board on top that connects to TC) or even bring my hand close to it the temp reading goes up a bit, sometimes just above 12C or sometimes even room temperature. So I keep my hand like this close to the TC board until I can get the nozzle to heat up a bit via the Ulti Controller and once temp is above something like 50C the readings are above MINTEMP and I can remove my hand and proceed to printing and using the UMO.

I'm aware this is not ideal as the temp readings are probably not accurate, and also I notice large fluctuations in temperature readings even when the nozzle is hot. I've tried using the different colored cables that connect to the temp1 in the PCB, and this helped as with the other cable I was only getting 0C reading, also checked the small little cables that go to the green sensor on the TC board and on the PCB end as well.

If I remove the red and yellow cables from the TC board, the reading goes to 330ishC (can't remember exact reading) and MAXTEMP gets triggered.

I was hoping to find a definitive solution, as I even had a spare TC board shipped back in the day when I was having this problem. I did try with both TC boards, and same thing happens.

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies