Two seemingly identical Ultimaker 2+ machines. One loads/changes at the wrong distance.

SysGhost

Posted · Two seemingly identical Ultimaker 2+ machines. One loads/changes at the wrong distance.

Hi there. Tiny wee lil problem with one of two Ultimaker 2+ machines:

When changing material, it pull out and loads in the material for a far too short distance, It stops feeding after 1/3rd way. Both when unloading as well as loading material in.

The other machine, does however feed in and out the material at the correct distance when changing material.

Everything else seems to work fine though. I just have to lift the roller spring and manually force-feed the rest of the 2/3 way the material didn't travel. After that everything else seems to flow on as usual.

Just now I also tried updating the firmware, but it still got the "wrong" loading/unloading distance.

Material tubes on both machines are exactly the same length, so it's not that.

Is there a setting for this? I've looked and looked. Can't find it.

Could it be the stepper motor for the feeding being defect? But it works when printing so ... it shouldn't be that either.