Netfabb, not able to connect to UM

zuchi238

Posted · Netfabb, not able to connect to UM

Hi there,

Just installed Netfabb on my mac, but I'm unable to connect to the Ultimaker.

When I hit connect, nothing happens.

When I go to the tab Machine and where I can choose baud rate etc, I can not select an serial (???) port, vas a USB port.

Am able to connect via Replicator.

Cheers,

Bart

PS I'm a newbie ...

Well, currently the printing from NetFabb is unstable anyhow (cuts out before the end) so it's recommended generate GCode with NetFabb and to print from RepG or PrintRun.

But i paid full price for a license, recommended by the people from Ultimaker ...

How can I get a refund?

Be patient - a new version is coming out soon and hopefully that will be better. In the meantime, you can use repg or one of the other host programs to send netfabb-sliced stuff to the printer.

Personally, I think netfabb would be a lot smarter in this area if they allowed an API so people could do their own host plug-ins.. They'd get paid but we'd do the work.

NetFabb still works as a slicer. So you generate GCode with NetFabb (which is faster, and some say better, then RepG) and then print using RepG.