RTS Code? failed to connect

magmotor

Posted · RTS Code? failed to connect

After doing a search I found this has to do with the Baud Rate but at a loss as how to change it. :roll: Under 'Machine Info" it is set at 57600. Is this correct or should I change it & how exactly do I do it ? :?: Iam using Rep26, the "Advised 5D firmware" option. I am using this Rep26 just to test the machine for hardware and or software problems for now, will change to the Printrun/Marlin later.

This has nothing to do with RepG but if anyone knows, when computer & power is plugged in, power switch off, the lower fan ( on pcb board) runs at a low speed continuously, when I turn the power switch 'on' it cranks up to full speed. Is this normal? The small blue lights on top of the Extruder Head comes on also. In order to get everything 'off' I have to unplug the USB port everytime, doesn't seem right too me.....any ideas would be appreciated....thanks..! :)

...when computer & power is plugged in, power switch off, the lower fan ( on pcb board) runs at a low speed continuously, when I turn the power switch 'on' it cranks up to full speed. Is this normal? The small blue lights on top of the Extruder Head comes on also. In order to get everything 'off' I have to unplug the USB port everytime, doesn't seem right too me.....any ideas would be appreciated....thanks..! :)

There are 2 big bits to the UM electronics: the Arduino Mega and the RAMPS shield. The RAMPS board looks like this,

http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/ArduinoMega.jpg

The Mega is the brains - it's got a CPU and is the electronics bit that runs the firmware and is powered by the USB connection. The RAMPS board, though cool, has no brain and is powered by the power brick.

The LED on the print head is also powered by the Mega so if the Mega is on, the LED should be on too.

The fan on the electronics is connected to the RAMPS board so if that's got power, that fan is on. The Mega may be able to change the speed of that fan but it's really powered by the RAMPS board.

What you're describing all sounds normal to me...

Here's what I found out. Seems I have a different board than the one in your link. UM has incorporated a Jumper for Future Upgrades. With this jumper connected it will keep the PCB board Fan running at low voltage at all times. With it Halfway Jumped it will keep it off when the USB is plugged in. I was told they will put a diode in future boards too prevent the fan from running on low voltage all the time.

jumper-1.jpg

Board-pictured.jpg

Here's what I found out. Seems I have a different board than the one in your link. UM has incorporated a Jumper for Future Upgrades. With this jumper connected it will keep the PCB board Fan running at low voltage at all times. With it Halfway Jumped it will keep it off when the USB is plugged in. I was told they will put a diode in future boards too prevent the fan from running on low voltage all the time.

The jumper is indeed there to power the Arduino from the 19V. This is useful for printing from SD cards.