Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
irongland

USA distributor for the Ulticontroller

Hey guys

So I have been running my ultimaker for quite a few months now. Originally I ordered it straight from ultimaker (definitely no qualms about that, out here in California I paid almost enough in taxes to make up for the shipping costs from Amsterdam or what not). I'm supper happy with how everything has turned out and even happier with my machine.

Either way I though I could build out a computer to be a dedicated controller for the printer. I did that and it works fairly good, but it's no replacement for an ulticontroller as I understand.

So here I am in California, where should I order an ulticontroller from? Do you have a US distributor yet that carries just the ulticontroller and the other upgrades? (I see makershed is carrying ultimakers, good for you guys!)

I apologize if some one has already asked this question, but I dug first and couldn't find a direct answer.

Thanks

No, at this point, it seems the only option is to order directly from UM. There were rumors that they were going to appoint a US distributor and support/parts agent after Maker Faire, but I think that the UM2 launch has rather overshadowed that. So if you want your UC any time soon, I'd just go ahead and order it directly.

I'm quite familiar with many of the great members on these forums, I have been following the activities on both the google group and this forum ever since I thought about getting a printer eight months ago. I only recently made an account though.

Already you have saved/helped me with a couple of your insightful posts Illuminarti, so I have to give you a belated thank you!