Can not open cura

sophea

Posted · Can not open cura

I too am running into an issue with this.  I was just going back to reslice a file, and it locked up on me.  I had to kill it in the task manager.  I went to relaunch it, and it hung.  I had 2 versions of Cura (3.6.X and 4.2.1).  I tried 3.6.1 with the same result.  I wondered if it was that I was not up to the current release and I downloaded and installed 4.3.0.  All had the same issue hanging with the GUI loading.  This was even indicated in the Windows task manager.  

I have deleted all Cura versions as well as profile data and reinstalled 4.3.0.  This did not fix it.  I did restarts after uninstalling and reinstalling.  

I am running the most current release version of Win10-64-Pro.  AMD Threadripper, Nvidia 2070 RTX (current driver- I updated that while I was at it too).  I do have Python 3.7 (Anaconda) installed.  I do not think that I installed 2.X.  Trying to think if there is any other data I can share.  Right now, I am pretty much dead in the water.

Adam

Posted · Can not open cura

Note, I did try compatibility mode as mentioned in many other threads, and this did not work before or after the clean installs.

I have also tried to load multiple instances of it, as well as killing off each instance between restarts.  Some threads seemed to indicate that it took launching it multiple times to get it to work.  None of these solutions have worked either.

Posted (edited) · Can not open cura

So I appear to have fixed it, though I had to go and delete all files found in the AppData Local and Roaming folders that were connected with Cura.  I did a fresh install and it is launching again.  I saved these files into a different space so I can go back to them.

Seems to indicate that there is some form of corruption happening with the data in these files, though it is interesting as it appears to happen across all versions that are loaded side by side.  Seeing as how all files seem to be segregated by user versions, except for some log files, I wonder if there was an error in log files that end up getting corrupted and causing the hang?

Adam

Edit: Found that there is also a set of files in the Master Area that may also contain shared files between the different versions.  It could have been one of those files as well.  I did not fully debug it to see.  I have already spent too many hours just getting to this point, I will let the Devs take it from here to see what is going on.

Edited by Aeroengineer1