Variable Infill by height?

DaveWave

Posted · Variable Infill by height?

I have a tall model that I want to have 100% infill for the first 10 cm (height) of the print, then drop back to whatever the global setting is. How can this be done?

Can I just make the first layer 10cm high?

The idea is to have a strong base and a light top.

Thanks,

-Dave

• 1 year later...
    Posted · Variable Infill by height?
    On 10/14/2019 at 12:05 AM, DaveWave said:

I have a tall model that I want to have 100% infill for the first 10 cm (height) of the print, then drop back to whatever the global setting is. How can this be done?

>use the support blocker ( 6th icon on the left side missing a tool tip ) to generate a generic cube model OR add a model of your own for custom shapes 

> select the model you just placed

> select Per Model Settings ( 5th icon down on left side also missing tool tip )

> change the mesh type to "Modify Settings For Overlaps"

> hit the "select settings" button and add the "infill density" option

> set the infill density as required ( in my case I needed 100% infill for a section of my model ) 

> move the model/mesh to where you need it. 

The end result is a model with different infill densities as specified by the overlapping of the modified "support blocker" model/mesh.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
    • 2 years later...