dseiter

CURA - permission denied?!

Posted · CURA - permission denied?!

I've been using Cura 3.1.0 on a macbook (OS 10.11.6) for years, and last night I altered a file I wanted to print successfully, but when I tried to save it, I got the message "ERROR Permission denied when trying to save / (filename)".   I also tried an old file that worked in the past, same result.  What's going on?

I also tried to install 4.4.0, but I'm getting crashes.  

I guess it is the sandbox feature of OSX and you try to save the file in a directory where Cura has no permissions to save something. Have you tried to save the file to the desktop for example?

Thanks Smithy, that WAS the problem.  Something must have reset because I haven't used it in a few months, but I've never had this issue before.

It can't remember if El Capitan already has the security feature where you can allow an application full disk access, but check the systems settings - security. In Catalina (alsi with Mojave) there is a settings to allow full disk access to applications. Then you should be able to save it where ever you want.