CURA NOT PRINTING HOLES

KEITHABEAR

Posted · CURA NOT PRINTING HOLES

I see what you mean:

image.thumb.png.648b1305bbee3cf4fda296ba4a21c341.png

You have a problem with your model, it seems there is a failure in the STL. I also got the message, that the model ist not watertight.  Normally when there is a hole then it doesn't matter if you lay it flat or not, the hole is always printed. 

So I suggest du check the STL or the export process of your CAD software. You can also try to repair the STL with 3DBuilder or via the Netfabb online service.

Do you use Sketchup?

Here is a fixed version of your STL:

474417225_doorbellbracket_fixed.stl

2126482050_Bildschirmfoto2019-12-07um11_42_31.thumb.png.b09214e1c3e680be1112440a3f87e91c.png

• Like 1

Yes I use SketchUP  thanks for the file

SketchUP is known to produce (export) damaged STL files, if we have here problems like yours, then it is always drawn in SketchUP. So I suggest to use another CAD software TinkerCAD or Fusion360 for drawing. (both are free)

Thanks for all the help

You are welcome! 🙂 

turn off the “Remove All Holes”, “Union Overlapping Volumes”, and the “Make Overhangs Printable” settings.