Variable layer height

jzagaja

Posted (edited) · Variable layer height

I think the problem is that the lowest part of the object which has a small height is not sliced.

I would try to put the slicing tolerance to "inclusive" (experimental feature).

Edited by Dim3nsioneer

Posted · Variable layer height

Still missing material - grey area (surface parallel to table). If one import surface into Cura how to tell make paths outside surface not outside and inside? For example circle diameter will be smaller of half wall width.

Untitled.png

Project file.

CFFFP_a9.3mf

On 1/15/2020 at 8:42 PM, jzagaja said:

Thanks for the project file. Unfortunately I'm having issues opening it properly in Cura 4.4.1. Can you tell me which version of Cura you saved it on and the version you intend to use? (I'd recommend using the latest version if possible).

Please also include your settings and configuration in a .zip. To do this, open an explorer window and type this in the address bar:

%appdata%/cura/

and zip up the folder of the version you're using and attach it here. Then I can try and replicate the issue...

I'm using 4.4.1. Attached please find requested app data and stl file.

4.4.zip a9.stl

20 hours ago, jzagaja said:

I'm using 4.4.1. Attached please find requested app data and stl file.

4.4.zip 841.3 kB · 0 downloads a9.stl 437.58 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for these. I've replicated the issue along with the project file you provided before.

It seems that the initial layers are so thin that they will not slice with the nozzle size you are using, even with a 0.01mm layer height.

The model geometry also seems to be throwing up issues because it's recognising outer walls as overhang areas (i.e. red highlights):

1384808467_UltimakerCura2020-01-2214_10_51.thumb.jpg.288c9129d78eb49263b83a4729d2bbba.jpg

If it's something you've designed in CAD, you might consider a redesign, taking into account the manufacturing process so that it can be printed with the printer configuration you have available; e.g. the nozzle size (0.6?), shell thickness, and so on. 

Hope this gives some clues.

Ultimaker Cura 2020-01-22 14.10.51.jpg

Can add thickness in Solidworks but working with STL is a problem. I thought Cura is inteligent enough to add tnickness outside surface.