rylon

Cura 8.0mm profile configuration

Posted · Cura 8.0mm profile configuration

Hello, 

I am looking for 8 mm configuration profile for Cura. It would be amazing if someone could upload theirs or if they could help me to create one. Thanks in advance. 

Posted · Cura 8.0mm profile configuration

Very few people have printers with 8mm nozzles. Perhaps you could ask 3d Wasp if they have a working Cura profile for their printer (or what other slicer they suggest you use). Or you could tell us what problems you run in to when you try to make a profile yourself, and perhaps we can help you. In theory it should be as easy as starting with a "Custom FFF Printer" and setting the Nozzle Diameter to 8 mm in the Machine Settings.

Briefly looking at your other post on this subject, I can tell you that Cura normally expects to print in "loops". If you take a model and make a cross-section, Cura will - in its simplest form - trace the outline of that cross section. This means that if you make a model that is 8mm wide to be printed with an 8mm nozzle, Cura will still do two passes "around" the model.