Ultimaker Original Z axxis Problem

panosna

Posted · Ultimaker Original Z axxis Problem

Hi everyone.

I have an Ultimaker Original, which I bought brand new a few years ago. 

Today, a problem appeared. It seems that the Z axxis moves the bed only up and not down.

I don't know why that happens. Maybe the Z-motor is damaged? But if it is damaged, wouldn't it move at all?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original Z axxis Problem
    1 hour ago, Job_van_gennip said:

Could you try to change it with another steppermotor (so put the z axis in the slot of the x axis) and try if the z axis is the problem or the driver?

Ok, I changed the Y,Z wiring and it seems that the Y doesn't work correctly now.

So, that must mean that the motor has a problem?

Edited by panosna

Posted · Ultimaker Original Z axxis Problem

If it is the bed that keeps acting strange the problem is in the motor. If the problem shifts to a different motor it is the stepper driver. I am not fully clear what you mean with the Y does not work. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies