S5 material station

Nickson

Posted · S5 material station

Hi, I've got an S5 material station and am thoroughly pleased with it but I have a couple of questions.

Is it necessary to leave it plugged in and switched on all the time?

and,

If it has to be left on is there any way of turning off or lowering the intensity of the cabinet lights or are these part of the environment maintanence.

Hi @Nickson, welcome to the community and I am happy to hear you are pleased.

We recommend to leave it plugged in all the time, if you want to utilise the dehumidifying features. Without power, it can not keep your filaments in a good condition. 

The lights has been reported before, and we have put it on our agenda to fix it in a future firmware update. If it will be in the exact first upcoming release, I can not say. Hope this helps!

Hi

If indeed you have unloaded all the filament from the Material Station, there is no obvious reason to keep it running. That doesn't help much if the printer is routinely in use. 

Indeed getting the lights turned down on mine is pretty close to the top of the wish list here. 

Bob

Hi @uncle_bob, perhaps I've missed it but where do you get the 'if indeed you unloaded the filament'? I don't read that anywhere. But if there is no filament in the material station, there is no point to have it on. If there is material in there, I would recommend to keep it on. 

Hi

Just a strange way I write things sometimes. Sorry about that.

Bob

No worries! I thought perhaps I missed something. I've seen you involved with many topics lately, great to have you around! 

Hi

Mostly I'm trying to keep up with the S5 Material Station. It's doing fine at this point, but forums always seem to be the way to stay on top of any "new to you" product. There is no way to put everything you need to know into a manual.  

Bob