S5 WiFi

krknopp

Posted (edited) · S5 WiFi

I've had my S5 for about a month now and after working with support and getting a replacement machine determined that the wifi on these machines is really terrible.  They blamed my network for it, but didn't offer any settings I could change to make it work better.  They basically said that wifi works in their lab.

After reading a few posts on here, it sounds like I'm not alone.  

Has anyone found a way to improve it with something like a driver update via dev mode, hacking the internal antenna or even adjusting their access point settings?   Getting a wire to the location where my printer should be is not an easy task, so looking for some help.

I'd even be moderately happy if there was a way to reconnect it to a wifi network without rebooting or completing running through setup again when it disconnects during a print job.

Edited by krknopp