Cura 4.5 and material mixing

TrollingFlies

Posted · Cura 4.5 and material mixing

Hi, 

I see in the what's new of Cura 4.5 there is now material mixing....

"Material mixing.
A new post-processing script can be used to mix materials if you have a mixing nozzle. Mix materials of different colors in order to print in a different color than either of your currently loaded materials. Contributed by Hrybmo."

I don't understand how the post processing script works so that I can mix two materials.

I have an printer that has a single heating block and nozzle, so I should be able to do this correct?

Can anyone help me understand how to mix to materials?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Chip

It's intended to support the Geeetech A10M dual extruder, but works with other similar types.

I have a HE3D printer with a dual extruder, and a single nozzle.  So, I believe the post processing will work for my printer.  What I don't understand is how to use the post processing.  What are the steps from having the model in Cura to printing.  

Any help would be great. 

Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.5 and material mixing

Hey There, Trolling Flies! Post-Processing Scripts are located under the "Extensions" Tab At The Top Of The Program > Post-Processing > Modify G-Code. Click "Add A Script" and the script you are looking for is currently labeled "ColorMix 2-1 V1.2.1". If you need further help, I can assist somewhat, but I'm not that good at it myself.

-I-San

Edited by I-San
    Forgot A "-" lol

someone has to have directions/instructions to how this script is supposed to work.

can anyone explain this script and what the inputs are exactly for?

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.5 and material mixing
    On 12/12/2021 at 12:10 PM, johncarlson21 said:

someone has to have directions/instructions to how this script is supposed to work.

can anyone explain this script and what the inputs are exactly for?

I have the color-mix hotend (this is NOT the stock hotend) from Sovol for the SV02 model (they don't appear to sell it any longer...I think it was just a huge hassle for most people, including me, so they just discontinued it), so if you don't have this type of hotend, this script is not useful for you.

Check this out:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3442615

Hover over the options after adding the script in Cura and it's pretty explanatory.

I set it like this, but haven't tried it yet:

image.thumb.jpeg.748319b38838929c6d1f5798dfe5c122.jpeg

Ignore my other scripts (ChangeAtZ 5.3.0); those were for a temperature tower and are unrelated.

Of course the "Finish Height" should match the number of layers in your print if you're trying to have the whole print affected, but I didn't adjust that yet.

Edited by HanSense