50mm X 2MM object printing out as 50mm x 1.5mm

Posted · 50mm X 2MM object printing out as 50mm x 1.5mm

Hi All,

I just got my Ender 3 Pro about two weeks ago.  I have gotten great prints out of it for the most part.  Benchy and a mini-3D printer test came out well.

I'm currently having an issue with a very basic test object I created in FreeCad.  It is a simple flat cylinder that is 50mm wide by 2mm tall.  No matter what settings I change in Cura for the slicing, the object prints out 1.5mm high.

I'm using a .4mm nozzle

2mm layer height

0.4mm wall line width (all lines are set to 0.4mm)

3 wall lines = 1.2mm walls

0.8mm bottom / top shell

4 bottom layers / 4 top layers

Cura shows the slicing as 10 layers. At 0.2mm this should add up to 2mm total height.

I've tried:

- Print thin walls

- Infill density at 10% and 20%

- Union overlapping features

- stl export of item in FreeCad

- creating a mesh version of the object and then exporting that out of FreeCad

Any ideas?

Thank you!

CE3_MESH2-Disk.gcode CE3_MESH3-Disk.gcode CE3_MESH4-20pctinfill-Disk.gcode CE3_MeshDisk.gcode DiscPLAPLUSTEST.stl MeshDisk.stl MESH2-Disk.stl

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies