Cooling Printcores Time Waster

Remote-Pizza

Posted · Cooling Printcores Time Waster

Hi!

I've worked mostly with an UM2 but recently have started with a UM3. Overall, the experience is pretty good and I'm liking the firmware. However, there is one thing that gets in the way of my workflow and it is this.

When a print is failing and I abort the print, the printer then blocks any interaction, showing a progress bar and the message "Cooling PrintCores", with the temperatures of both PrintCores. This has been a huge time waster for me, as I typically just have to unclog the nozzle or restart the print outright, both actions which I would like the PrintCores to stay hot for. In addition, just today I saw that while this message was shown, the temperature of both PrintCores actually went up. This makes me think this progress bar is just a timer going off rather than actual monitoring.

Thus, is there any way I can disable this cooling message? Or is there a necessity for this that I am overlooking? It seems redundant and somewhat wasteful. Thanks for any insights!