Community 3d Printed Ventilator Project

Posted · Community 3d Printed Ventilator Project

Hi All,

I have very little experience with 3d printing, However our NHS will be hitting crisis point with an increase in coronavirus related deaths due to respiratory issues. One thing that has been mentioned by the British Government is that the UK's NHS will run out of precious ventilators. The government has asked for various engineering companies to retool but that is easier said than done. However we as 3d printer owners can produce very complex printed items in hours. I know this is a long shot but surely we can help in some way. 

Again I need the community to help with this I have very little experience but want this to work. I'm more than happy for my printer to be used round to clock for the benefit of our vulnerable citizens, 

I can start a crowd funder to help us and this is purely non profit. But also this project should be made open source as it should be passed to the rest of humanity.

As I understand it a ventilator basically increases the respiration rate of a patient struggling. it can do this via pressure flow and increased oxygen saturation. 

All these requirements etc and more can be handled by a raspberry pie, motor or actuator, bellows and housing.

I do not have face book etc so I need everyone out there to get their feelers out and find anyone who can help us. 

please pass this on and see where we can get it. I need ideas and more importantly criticism. 

My Email is jateu01@googlemail.com

Many thanks for your help and time. 

James

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
      Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 23 replies
    • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
      (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
      All UltiMaker S series  
      New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
      • 0 replies