Neukyhm

Suggestion: small retraction while combing

Posted (edited) · Suggestion: small retraction while combing

Hi, I had this idea while watching my printer perform long combings. You see, in long combings and due to the fact that there is no retraction, a bit of plastic leaves the nozzle and deposit to the zones where combings are done. I have seen this, this plastics deposits in form of small drops that collides with the nozzle when it does another combing over the same place, making my bed vibrate.

The idea is: add a feature that allows the user to adjust a very small retraction that is done during long combings in order to release a bit of pressure in the nozzle, so less plastic is released.

Edited by Neukyhm

Posted · Suggestion: small retraction while combing

Have you tried using the max comb distance with no retract setting?

Posted (edited) · Suggestion: small retraction while combing
40 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

Have you tried using the max comb distance with no retract setting?

Hi, yes I have it modified. However, the idea is different: release some pressure in the nozzle while doing combings, performing a tiny retraction.

Edit: I'm also seeing right now that Cura is ignoring the "max comb distance without retract", I set it at 100mm and it's still doing combings instead of retractions on long travels.

Edit2: ok it is working, it's doing retractions before long combings. But the problem that some plastic is extruded is still there.

Edited by Neukyhm