Change/edit infill speed in Linux client

dan-fox

Posted · Change/edit infill speed in Linux client

I am new to #D printing in general. I'm using Cura 4.5 because that's what the Anet docs said to use. (Also, I can't find another slicer that has preset profile for my Anet E12). I'm using it delivered as an AppImage on a CentOS system.

The infill print speed is roughly 5x what the wall/shell print speed is, and it's resulting in infill that's a hot mess and printthrough where infill surfaces meet outer surfaces. I have tried everything I can think of to search the Ultimaker site to find out how to change this setting. I've viewed a couple of 4.5-specific tutorials on YouTube, and apparently the makers of the videos have more components showing in their UIs than I do. Specifically, a slider at the right of the screen to scroll through the layers and a color manager at the top of the screen to assign colors to different aspects of the print. One screen I saw seemed to indicate that a user could choose one of the colored elements and edit the print speed through a rainbow-colored slider.

None of this do I have, nor can I find the magic button to make it appear. Also, I haven't found the correct search terms to use to tease this information out of the Ultimaker website. Can't find a user manual either. I realize that this is free and you get what you pay for, but this is frustrating in the extreme. Any help wouid be appreciated.