Cura 4.5 and USB Ports?

msteele999

Posted · Cura 4.5 and USB Ports?

Hello,

I recently installed Cura 4.5 with no Arduino support. I also run control software that interfaces to my Amateur Radio transceiver that uses COM port 8 via USB UART Bridge Drivers (Silicon Labs).

When Cura 4.5 starts - it puts the transceiver into transmit mode, meaning it sends some sort of signal on the USB Com port that the radio interprets as 'go into TX mode'. If I close Cura, it releases control and the radio reverts to normal operation.

Is there a reason Cura is hitting the USB ports? I have one printer installed but it is set as an offline printer (just to output gcode to an SD card) and the printer is not physically attached to the computer. Is there a way to disable this behavior or is it intrinsic and required?

Best regards,

Mark 

• msteele999 changed the title to Cura 4.5 and USB Ports?
    Posted · Cura 4.5 and USB Ports?

You can disable the USB Printing part of Cura and it will no longer touch your USB ports.

* Go to "Marketplace"

* Go to the "Installed" tab

* Scroll down to "USB Printing"

* Uncheck the checkbox in front of it

* Restart Cura