Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jdaiglejr

New 8"x8" area heated aluminum build plate for $49

The heater pad seems nice, but they don't give any details at all (voltage, power, anything??)

Also, the thermistor doesn't seem to be built-in. Not much of an issue, but this sounds like it's not the best quality (who heats stuff without temperature control?)

The same applies to the Aluminum plate - no statement on what kind of material they used. I assume it's not MIC5 or MIC6, because if it were, they would proudly state it.

If it's a standard Aluminum plate, it will expand when heated, possibly causing problems. (Possibly, not necessarily).

So if you ask me, it seems like you got a cheap solution here (cheap in price, but probably also in quality). I'd go for something a little more sophisticated, but it's a question of how much you're willing to pay...

Size-wise, this one will fit just fine. But you have to create some kind of support between the heated build plate and the Z-stage. I'm working on that at the moment (and going to publish it when it's tested), but there are already other working solutions.