UM3: Can't seem to level 2nd head

kfsone

Posted (edited) · UM3: Can't seem to level 2nd head

At some point the 2nd print head got out of level, so low that even by the 3rd-4th layer the right core can't extrude anything. I've tried removing it and reseating it, no help. Tried reseating the other core. So I started running manual and automatic levels. 2nd head is still too low. I have the 1st (left) print core levelled beautifully, giving me the best first layers since I got the machine.

Am I missing something obvious?

-Oliver

-- Addendum

Today it keeps trying to autolevel with the 2nd/right print core lowered, causing it to fail. I remounted both cores, manually levelled fine, and now it's doing this: 

Edited by kfsone

Posted (edited) · UM3: Can't seem to level 2nd head

Think checking if the sensor is ok could be a fist step.

In my S5 it's under Maintenance / Diagnostics / Leveling sensor test

correction; I see you have an ultimaker3 (not S3), so it's under Maintenance / Diagnostics / Bed Level Sensor.

Another common issue is a not proper;ly seated cable connector in the printhead. Unscrew the back to screws of the printhead, open the cover, push the connector to make sure its seated well.

image.png.d4e54c2f449c4cb3eb9be7ecb9cdfe6a.png

image.png.2afc36525325eef0c0999e6dd4172a70.png

pictures are from here (USA Ultimaker manufacturer support pages);

https://fbrc8.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004541446-Printhead-Ultimaker-3-Ultimaker-3-Extended-

Edited by ultiarjan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies